Friday, September 1, 2017

Ægishjálmur

 

It's been two weeks since I last wrote a blogpost. No, I wasn't on holiday, I was actually working really hard. Every year when we get back from our annual trip the weeds have taken over the garden and so I spent lots of hours weeding. In the evening I knitted as fast as I could. Knitting, why? Well some months ago I showed you my Ægishjámur on paper. This large piece of paper was still laying around and was getting dog-eared. Therefore it urgently needed a background to protect it. 


In the photograph you can see the end result. I knitted to pieces and crocheted them together, before closing I put a piece of black painted piece of wood in it. Got rid of the dog-ears by pinpricking all around, sewed it on and voila .. a new textile painting was born. Really happy with the result. Now one more UFO to finish, the Shirt of memories. Wish me luck! .. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend.

Elizabeth




1 comment:

karen said...

gorgeous shadows on this Elizabeth, knitted pages maybe? for class? who knows! lol.