Monday, June 12, 2017

A shirt of memories II


 At the moment I'm stitching and stitching and stitching. The picture above is the Ægishjálmr symbol. The meaning of it is protection and like every other human on this planet I too have times in which protection was/is needed.


Captured my little heaven, sitting outside with a cup of tea and some pieces of embroidery. The one in the middle was ready. It means being part of a community, a connection between people and as you guess there are numerous memories locked in this one.


In the other photograph you could see I started a tulip and here is the end result. This is my symbol for the years I lived in The Netherlands and for being Dutch.

Well that's all for now. Hope you do enjoy all these small embroideries on paper. 

Have a great week.

Elizabeth


1 comment:

karen said...

I love these, the thought behind them, their meaning....I know I have said it before but there is a quality to your work that I admire greatly.