Monday, May 29, 2017

So, so excited


A little bit late today but I had to finish this beauty. I know you have seen my handkerchiefs before but these are truly special. Made a collage so you can see why I am so excited. The handkerchief on the left is pinpricked out of paper I layered with hexagons and it holds its position due to double-sided tape. The one in the middle is pinpricked in as is the last one but in a different manner which gives a different texture.

Maybe you're thinking why are you so excited? Well, this in-lay-technique is normally used by cutting paper with a knife but I have never seen anyone who used in-lay-pinpricking and so it feels like I invented something new. Maybe I haven't but I'm still very excited about it anyway!

Have a fabulous start of your week!

Elizabeth

No comments: