Friday, April 21, 2017

A bit more about the exhibition



The week before the exhibition my eldest son asked why I used all kinds of material but never the small pieces of chainmaille that he made because he thought that would be so cool. I said I would give it a go but that they might be too heavy. In the collage above you can see the result of that experiment.



While gathering and packing all the stuff for the exhibition I came across a number of samples that never were explored further. There was still one piece of mountboard left and I laid them on it. I looked alright to me and so I decided to take it with me. My idea was to lay it flat.


When I saw the space to was assigned to me I realized I had to hang it. Luckily it was doable although the composition had to be changed. All these samples were created without thinking on how I could use them, just for the fun of it but they worked together fine.

So chainmalle added to paper is very well possible and I guess you'll be seeing more of it in the future.

Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth


No comments: