Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Ledger of inspiration


Today I have four pages for you. I am having so much fun with this series because it challeges me big time. On Flickr I found the work of Margo Klass,  I liked it a lot and therefore decided to make a gallery with her work. If you would like to see more of her work, you can look over here.

The pictures on the left belong together. I concentrated on the trees in these two pages. At first I used different papers and used different watercolours to give them a wash. After that I sewed on a piece of bark on the other side which I picked up during one of our hikes during the summer. French knots are scattered over and around it in various colours but in a way they blend together with the bark.

The pages on the right were also started with a painting paper study. On a piece of heavy watercolour paper I attached some beach glass and again scattered some french knots around. The border is made with my snoregaffel/lucet. It is a different kind of colour study but it shows how many hues are used in the watercolour painting of Arne Jacobsen.

I really had a ball making these two pages. Time to start something new!

Have a wonderful tuesday.

Elizabeth

No comments: