Monday, September 19, 2016

Another twist on a ledger page

 

This is one of the ledger pages I made last year. I was asked to enlarge 5 pages for the exhibition. I thought: Piece of cake. Well turns out, it isn't. Problems: Couldn't get the same paper in A3 format and I couldn't print the text on my A3, 250 gr. paper. And so I was forced to do it differently.


And this is the end result. The text is printed on normal paper, folded and weaved on the page. On the left there is a small strip with a stemstitch line and 7 pinpricked circles instead of the painted piece I have in my ledger. The different pieces are embroidered together to secure it all. Although the thoughts behind the piece are the same it looks very different but that's ok, I guess.

Have a fabulous start of your week.

Elizabeth

No comments: