Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Bullion knot mania


A few weeks ago I had to spend a few days in bed unfortunately since walking and sitting were too painful for my back. At some point I got bored and took a paperplate and some thread and started experimenting with bullion knots. The result you can see in the picture above.


A few days later I figure out how to connect two plates together, bottom right. I was so proud of myself and therefore I showed it to my big boy at the breakfast table. He asked if it was possible to do bullion knots in two colours. Intrigued by the question I tried it. The first one was with two threads wrapped around.
Than he wanted to have a blue loop, a mixed one and a white one ... and it worked.

His final request was: Now you need to add red because than you have the Dutch flag colours. Gave it a go and it worked with a lot of fiddling but nevertheless it worked.
Than he said: Now you can also make Funky plates and went to school. This was a lot of fun trying although I seriously doubt that I will start making Funky plates ... :-)) 

For me this is a great story with some interesting results which I can use in the future.

Have a fabulous wednesday.

Elizabeth

No comments: