Thursday, February 25, 2016

Childhood dreams in the pocket


At the moment I'm following the Patched pockets class of Karen although I'm still very much involved with my paper plates. Therefore I thought it would be a nice idea to make a paper pocket together with a hankie dress because I loved pockets as a child, simply to tuck away something precious. 


I used an historical dress pocket as a reference and made it with a running stitch, chainstitch, french and bullion knots, the cord is of white embroidery thread made with my snoregaffel.

Let me know what you think while enjoying your thursday.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

karen said...

you really are exceptionally good at these, the composition, the colour choices, the gentle lines....

Maggi said...

Another lovely piece. I could see a series developing here, linking the dresses and the pockets and creating those hidden treasures within the pockets. Oh so much potential.