Thursday, October 29, 2015

Focus ledger


This page is made around a plate that was created as a tribute to Karen. Therefore I chose to do a double page so I could make the circle-page with the buttonhole lace.


The background of this page has some outlined C's, the starting letter of connection. The two pictures are from the paperplate. Karen loves french knots and bullion knots together with lace and that's why I chose to do it this way. 


The outline for the pictures are pinpricked strips watercoloured with the same blue as the rest of the book. Blue and white are her favourite colours, so a strip of french knots is here to finish things of nicely. 

The first pictures of these plates were with a background of some very bright tulips. I felt that would break the mood of the pages so far, therefore I opted to make photographs with the map behind it. 

So here you have it. The story behind this plate. Let me know what you think.

Have a grand thursday.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

deanna7trees said...

how wonderful. i love it. all of it.

karen said...

wow....I am honoured but the tribute is to your beautiful skill with a needle. Love your collection and your book and especially your words....thank you....