Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Three books


Last week I got some new books from the library. Since I liked to hang out with them I thought I'd better write you a note about them.

The first one is Scandinavian Needlecraft by Clare Youngs. Like the style of the book and the instructions are easy to follow.

Artfully Embroidered by Naoko Shimoda. Gorgeous book with some lovely bags in it. Measurements are given in centimeters and in inchs, and all the stitches which are used are explained just as in Scandinavian Needlecraft.

The last book is called: The art of manipulating fabric by Colette Woff. Big book with lots and lots of info and pictures. If you want to use it extensively than having an intimate relationship with your sewing machine is necessary. I just look at the pictures to get inspired by the possibilities.

Enjoy your trip to the library or the bookshop.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

deanna7trees said...

they all sound wonderful. will have to check and see if my library has them. i love being able to get books from the library to look through before i decide if it's a book i must have for my very own. thanks for sharing.