Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Focus on wednesday

Last week I read the book of Silence of Sara Maitland. Found it an interesting read, a mixture of silence practices during history and her own experiences. Besides reading a book I also read some articles on-line at the new platform The Quiet Revolution. With so much food for this introvert it might be no wonder that the new plate is inspired by it. It became the most minimalistic plate so far with just a stemstitch and pinpricking.







Let me know how you feel about this one.

Enjoy your wednesday.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

deanna7trees said...

simplicity has a beauty of its own. food for thought. expanding with the mind.... i love it.

Maggi said...

I like the simplicity of this one, a quiet space alongside the other plates.

Pursuing Art... said...

I like the plate a lot...it may be minimal but what I see relating to silence and quiet is the minimal opening in this plate. You can still focus and see just fine with the hole being smaller and doesn't that silence and quiet everything down?

The book of Silence sounds very interesting...just wrote it down for my library list. Thank you for sharing The Quiet Revolution...how great to have a platform where younger people share. :)