Wednesday, May 20, 2015

On Focus

This story started on May, 2nd 2015. Everybody in class was very busy with the Reinventing the page from Karen Ruane when I came across this video:


All my alarmbells went off when Richard told what kind of paper he used. It was the same paper we used too and look at his beautiful sculptures I saw a lot of potential. Immediately I shared the link with my classmates and Deanna responded just as excited. 


On May, 5th Deanna shared this link with me. A picture which I had seen before but now it became a source of inspiration. The paper plates in the picture is sewed with a sewing machine and therefore I could see the possibilities.


Since the class was about reinventing the page I decided to make an overlay of a paperplate so that the focus of the viewer was drawn to a particular part of a design.


I really like the idea of having a tool for drawing focus and therefore I decided to make a plate a week to remain focused on my own challenges in a fun way.

Hope you are having just as much fun.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Maggi said...

A great way to reinvent the page. Thank you for the links too.

deanna7trees said...

i do love your idea of a plate a week. i don't have that kind of discipline.

Pursuing Art... said...

I love this idea, E, it's so you! You've been stitching on paper for a long time, but what a great thought to use a paper plates. How fun to do a plate a week and remain focused on your challenges. Your stitching and design is fantastic, as always! :)