Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thriftshop


Today I stopped by our local thriftshop and found a number of gems.  Some old blue and white embroidery, I like especially the blue line with the dots.


Found lots of scraps as you can see in the collage. Washed them and put them outside to dry.


Found this runner beautiful embroidered with leafs. Now I only have to come up with a project that involves leafs and needs a border which measures a meter because no way I'm gonna cut this beauty up.


Besides the scraps I also found a larger piece of Laura Ashley cotton. It has some stains but that doesn't bother me since it will be cut up anyway.


Also tried some pens in the hope to find one that wouldn't mind to be used on cloth, washed and ironed. Unfortunately only two black pens measured up and therefore a stop had to be made at the bookshop and now I'm the proud own of a permanent pen which is gonna give me thin blue lines.

Now I better start using all of this.

Have a grand day and thank you for stopping by.

Elizabeth


5 comments:

Judy Warner said...

What a productive shopping trip! You should have loads of fun playing with all these pieces!

Maggi said...

You do have great finds at thrift shops.

karen said...

it's so exciting to see all these gorgeous things you have acquired Elizabeth. I also like the blue lines with the dots...

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I must say these are most wonderful finds you made at that thriftshop! I'm sure you will draw a lot of inspiration out of it and have a lot of fun work!

Although you live on a small island, both your library and your thriftshop seem to be quite fantastic!

Pursuing Art... said...

Lovely finds! Have to agree with Anneli, for living on a small isle you certainly find some amazing finds at your thriftshop and the library! You lucky girl. So which pen did you like the most? The Pigma pen? It is my favorite. :) Happy creating with all those gorgeous pieces of fabric, E.