Monday, April 20, 2015

Dessert notes

The other day I read this quote: "When you're stressed you eat ice-cream, chocolate and sweets. Do you know why? Because "stressed" spelled backwards is desserts". You probably have come across it too one or two times but than I asked myself: Is that what I do when I'm stressed? For the majority of the time the answer is no. Most of the time I just sit down with a piece of cloth and my needle.






And because of that thought I started creating a new mini-serie. Found some playful fabric with chairs at the thriftshop ofcourse and some dessert quotes on the net. At the moment the border is drawn on it but I want to stitch it. Each quote will be with dessert as a reference to the quote that started it all but one can in one's mind easily replace the word dessert with embroidery. I know, it's not shaking up the world, it is just my kinda fun.

Hope you're having fun too.

Elizabeth


3 comments:

Maggi said...

A lovely idea.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

You really are a funny one, dear friend :-)!

Pursuing Art... said...

I'll definitely enjoy this series...made me smile. What soothes my soul? I, like you, sit and stitch or get outside with nature. Looking forward to seeing what will be on the dessert menu! :)