Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Practicing web stitches


If one doesn't have a clue of what to do but wants really badly to swing her needle, one can practice a stitch. This time I chose the web stitch and since I like this little illustruation so much I decided to make a leafy tree. The biggest one is over two centimeters, the smallest one isn't a half a centimeter but has only four legs instead of eight. All in all a fun embroidery doodle which could be used for a Christmas card or not ...

Hope you have fun with your projects.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Judy Warner said...

I love how you have used the different size web stitches on the tree.

Amelia said...

I love this stitch so much - went through a phase of doing so many in creams and whites. I should revisit as it looks great. Love your close up pics :)

I also love your Robert Frost quote - just perfect!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

What a lovely tree! I'd go for very special Christmas cards! Or decoration on fabric bags, to be used instead of wrapping paper!

Maggi said...

Love this.It would definitely make an excellent Christmas card.

Pursuing Art... said...

Really cute embroidered tree doodle, E!!! :)