Wednesday, March 4, 2015

New addition


This page in a collage above is actually a fun one for me. In the class with Karen we discussed string art, my result an embroidery compass. With one of the ladies I had an discussion about babysteps and you know me. Yep, a drawing of a foot was made, cut in half, one side remained a drawing the other half was pinpricked and for some unknown reason I was thinking about a book called Solo, therefore this word was incorporated.

These two pieces were made weeks apart and stashed away in a folder. Next stage came when playing with maps. Why not put the compass on a map in my samplebook? So thought, so done. The map however was a lot bigger than the book page. Started playing around with it and before I knew it I made a journey by myself in babysteps but with a compass at hand.

And this is the story behind the collage above.

Enjoy your wednesday.

Elizabeth


3 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I do so much enjoy following your experimental projects, dear Elizabeth! You have really developped your own personal style on this!

Maggi said...

So effective and the story is a good one too.

Pursuing Art... said...

I love how the story and pieces evolved and all came together!!! The map and compass are perfect along with the foot. :)