Saturday, January 3, 2015

Doodling with thread


Last December I participated in the Doodle, gather, create of Karen Ruane and it was truly an amazing course.

At the moment, while still processing all, I look at old clippings of artwork, which I collected over the years, made during the Viking age and try to give my own twist to it. For example the stitches on the paper are my reminders of runen.


The last picture is showing the details of using four different stitches in a small area.

At the moment I'm sort of homeschooling myself, so I you have some interesting links of articles, documentaries or interviews please share them with me. I thank you in advance.


Have a great weekend.

Elizabeth



3 comments:

Maggi said...

A lovely piece and the close up shows just how beautiful your stitching is.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Pursuing Art... said...

Another beautiful piece of embroidery...it's lovely, E! :)