Friday, January 9, 2015

Blue leaf


This was found in an advertisement, loved the shape and the fact that the border was made leaf-shaped.


This leaf I showed already before and I wanted it to become part of my ledger/journal/sketchbook but had a hard time finding an idea for the border until I remembered the advertisement. Got the advertisement enlarged, traced it on tracing paper, cut it out and glued it on thin cardboard.

My idea was to use the back as the front but when I was done cutting it out I liked the side with the glued on tracing paper better and with a pen I finished the border.

I'm aware that the leaf has some faults and so has the border but that's part of my learning curve and with a bit of luck I will do a better job next time.

Wish you a grand weekend with all your own projects and I'll see you soon again.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Well, I don't know how perfect it has to be to suit you - but I just can't discover any imperfection neither on the leaf nor on the border ... I think it looks just marvellous, dear Elizabeth!

(For those who don't read Swedish: 'Small crumbs are still bread' is the translation of the saying on the upper framed picture!)

karen said...

faults? ha...I don't think so. I see them more as unique actions which reinforce the time spent by hand in their creation.

Maggi said...

It looks good to me and the use of the frame is ideal.

Pursuing Art... said...

Well I think it looks beautiful just the way it is...no leaf or anything else in the world is perfect. ;-) Love the border/frame you put around the stitching! :)