Thursday, December 4, 2014

Experiment


This morning I started experimenting, don't worry nothing that will shock the world but I had fun with strips of fabric. I twisted and pinned them on a piece of cloth, took a long cotton thread and weaved my way through the layer of strips. Took the pins out and enjoyed my view for a while.


Decided to back it with a piece of fabric to hide the ends. A lovely square appeared. At first I thought Oh this could become a pocket but when finished I thought what if I made a fair number of these blocks and sewed them together? If I'll do that I will get a lovely soft blanket of sorts. Hmm, really like that idea but is my stash large enough?

Time to investigate that!

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

What about a small carpet beside your bed or in the bathroom? Or a seat cushion? That wouldn't take so much material as a blanket!

Maggi said...

A lovely experiment. So many different options for smaller projects too.

Pursuing Art... said...

Lovely blues woven together...love how it turned out. Great idea to make more and stitch them together. Will be fun to see what you create. :)