Thursday, December 18, 2014

A hat


Over the summer I made a hat with the nålebinding technique. My first attempt failed because it was too small, my second attempt was too big but since it had to be felted this wasn't a problem. This hat was made without any instructions and therefore I just could keep my fingers crossed that it would work out.


Here you can see how much it felted, the hat rests on the same helmet as in the first picture. The helmet helped to keep the shape while it was drying.  Hardly anything stitches of the process are left to be seen which is a bit unfortunate but it became a lovely warm hat for the winter and that's what counts.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

karen said...

it's beautiful!! I could have used one of those in Sweden to keep my poor ears warm. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas xxx

Maggi said...

It looks lovely felted. I really like the blending of the colours.

Pursuing Art... said...

You did a beautiful job and I just love it! XOXO It's amazing that you made it without any pattern, E. I didn't know you had two attempts...it certainly worked out perfectly. Love seeing the nalebinding before felting! :) I've meant to tell you that I can still see the stitch definition a bit through the felt which is very cool considering that you used the nalebinding technique. :)