Friday, November 21, 2014

Next episode of the story this week


Last sunday I showed you my start of my Doodle-pages and wrote the sentence:"The rockcarving of the ship became a cradle, the men became women and kids since there are ties that bind even when there are seas to cross." This is the next chapter of the story.

I took two elements of the initial doodle page, the rockcarving ship and the waves. All the ties are made with my snoregaffel. The two below have different knots, with the third tie I made a nålebinding start. For some unexplainable reason I really like making these ties, they feel like endless possibilities.



The little circles are filled with needleweaving, used two shades of blue. I really love this little dots, they are truly charming to me and they gave an excellent base for fastening my tie.

Maybe you are wondering why I use a map as background. It is a seamap of the Swedish waters and since most of the pictures for this project are taken in Sweden I thought it was a nice reference.

Have a fabulous weekend.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

karen said...

''ties that bind'', just that phrase you have used makes me go weak at the knees. Beautiful, beautiful work Elizabeth...

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Truly a beautiful composition, Elizabeth!

I love so much how you combine symbols/pictures, colour and techniques that mean something special to you to make your very own composition - with a lot of soul and beauty!

Maggi said...

I really like this piece. I was wondering about the map and had meant to ask you. Will it actually appear in any of your pieces?

Pursuing Art... said...

Another beautiful page, E! It will be a fantastic book. Perfect idea using the seamap. :)