Monday, October 20, 2014

Staying in the flow


One of the first things I do each time when I arrive in Holland is going to the shop and buy the magazine Flow. This time I was very lucky because I found two regular, one special and two weekly booklets. Which means lots of pretty papers, ideas and thoughts, some cards and little booklets. So you won't be surprised when I tell you, I love Flow!


And after many years I finally made another trip to the Textile museum in Tilburg. I never before visited the Textiel lab, Textile laboratorium. So many experiments, machines and threads, loved it.


At the moment there is a special exhibiton about building with textiles, I was totally impressed by it. So if you happend to be in the Netherlands any time soon and have a day to spare I would recommand this museum because it is truly interesting.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

karen said...

I also love Flow magazine. The museum link is amazing!! The first image, those huge structures...I gasped. I have just bookmarked that site for a very long look....

Maggi said...

Looks like an interesting magazine and the museum site is wonderful. Definitely one to add to my wish list.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ah, you lucky girl! The museum site looks very interesting indeed, and regarding Flow - since beginning of this year, I got myself a subscription :-)!

Haddock said...

Must have a look at the flow mag.

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh...so that's what Flow is! :) I meant to ask you that. I haven't heard of that magazine before. The trip to the museum must have been fun. Those structures of textiles are beautiful...wow!!!