Tuesday, October 28, 2014

New finds!

 
Last saturday it was my turn to do a shift at the local thriftshop. While I was attending to our customers and tidying up I found this shawl you can see in the collage above. No definite plans yet on how I'm gonna use this piece of cloth but that's part of the fun.



But that wasn't the only find. Also this large bead was discovered in a little box and I had to give it a new home too. So besides being a productive day at the shop, it become also a good day for my ever growing stash.

How do you keep some control over this constantly growing baby?

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Maggi said...

The shawl is so beautiful and that bead is really unusual. Great finds.

Pursuing Art... said...

The shawl is so sheer and beautiful...will be fun to see what you do with it. And the bead, is very cool! Looks like a gemstone...like lapis. It's just so fun to hunt and grow your stash! :) I try to be careful at this point with my stash and use what I already have. But sometimes things just have your name on them and have to come home!!! ;-)

Pursuing Art... said...

P.S. Was there a hole in that bead? Almost looks like a cabochon. :)