Thursday, October 9, 2014

Couldn't help myself



Couldn't help myself this morning after my tea-date with Jude got cancelled. I simply had to try one of the techniques I read about yesterday. It is called tablet-woven piped edging for which I used pieces I made with my snoregaffel.

The piece in the middle is a normal chord made with a snoregaffel. On the left I whirled two pieces of chord together, only tops and bottom are fastened to the paper.



In the detailed picture you can see the endresult of the tablet-woven piped edging. The thread with which I secured it to the handwoven, vintage linen cloth is Blomstergarn which I first crocheted to give it more texture. The yarn I used was 70% wool and 30% fibres from the soyabean, never tried it before but it works fine.

Well this is all for now, it is back to work for me.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Maggi said...

I do like that edging.

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh I like the edging a lot, especially the chord that you whirled together! Love that you crocheted the thread first before securing it...definitely gives it nice texture. Keep up the nice work! :)

karen said...

oh boy.....this is beyond beautiful. In the group??????? pretty please, everyone would love to see this...