Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New experiment



During the weekend I worked on this little piece of embroidery and yesterday this page was created.



The symbol for harvest taken from Elder futhark is made of babywool with my snoregaffel and than couched on the cloth. This works really fine and I like the result. 




The circle on the outside is made with the nålebinding technique but instead of wool I used Cotton Perl DMC 5 which has different shades of blue in it. This requires a bit more practice and it would be better to choose a single color because than it is easier to hide away the little stitches which are needed to sew in on cloth. 

These are all the notes I have for now. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the projects you work on.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

karen said...

another very original page, you are going to have an amazing ledger!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Very graphic, very reduced!

I like the couched snøregaffel/lucet ribbon a lot - good idea to use it that way!

Maggi said...

This is beautiful. I love the way that your pages are going.

Pursuing Art... said...

I like the symbol for harvest a lot, especially love the baby wool couched on the cloth. Another creative page created for your ledger.