Sunday, August 24, 2014

Update



Over the years numerous of places in Sweden were visited to see these old helleristninger which gave  me lots of pictures and inspiration, now they are my library.  I selected two pictures to create an pattern.


In the photo below you can see the result. The centre of the left piece are buttons made of faded cotton. What I made is pretty straight forward but I really enjoyed the process and that's the main thing for me. All of these pieces are my learning process to find out what is possible or impossible within the boundaries I set for myself.


Have a great weekend.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

karen said...

I love these pieces and they hold so many possibilities...now I am going to look and see if you have put them in our group...

karen said...

no you haven't....why not?

Maggi said...

Love the interpretations.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I just love how you're experimenting with the helleristningar in different textile versions!

Pursuing Art... said...

They are awesome pieces...can totally see the connection you've made with the pictures. Can tell you are enjoying the journey. :)