Friday, August 22, 2014

Update with embroidery on paper


In this sheet I used a piece of a magazine that inspired me. Hadn't done this stitch in a long time and therefore I was great to get re-acquainted with it. The pricking is an symbol of the Elder Futhark which is the oldest of runes and means joy and making this sheet was certainly a joy.

What I like is that I'm not only able to work with the snoregaffel, flettehjul and nålebinding needle to add something distinctive from the North but also runes and helleristninger. In my next post you will see how that process is come to light.

Have a grand weekend.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Maggi said...

I love the simplicity of this page.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Simply beautiful - and so exact!

Pursuing Art... said...

It's a beautiful page! Love the stitching and the symbol of joy. :)