Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Despite being away


While away I kept on reading in this book and this made me make even more pictures. So here we go again, :-)

 An old loom
 
  Samples of cross-stitching

 Beautiful bonnets
 



White work which reminded me of Karen.
 

 Handmade  stockings which I had to photograph since they were so beautiful.
All these pictures were taken at the Holbæk museum.

 A different kind of loom in the Roskilde Vikingcenter
 
Old parts of a loom long gone.

Old needles

At the Roskilde cathedral there were several handmade coffindrapes.
As you probably notice, I'm aware of handmade stuff all the time!

Have a great day exploring your surroundings and I'll keep on reading in my book.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Yes, yes, yes - these are exactly the things that catch my eye too when I visit museums and new places - this rich heritage of needle work and craft work that women have done from the beginning of time, for need and for beauty ...

Thanks for sharing, dear Elizabeth!

Maggi said...

A wonderful selection. Women certainly have created beautiful items throughout the ages.

karen said...

Karen is honoured that such beautiful work reminded you of her....:)and I must get a copy of that book. I had access to it when i was at University...I'm off on a search...

karen said...

Karen is honoured that such beautiful work reminded you of her....:)and I must get a copy of that book. I had access to it when i was at University...I'm off on a search..



I'm posting it again...it may have vanished first time...

Pursuing Art... said...

I bet that book was fun to read! Beautiful pictures of needlework and tools from the Roskilde Cathedral, E. So happy you shared and so fun to see. :)