Friday, March 21, 2014

An adventure with pictures


This week I decided to challenge myself in making a different kinda pictures. 


Even the colourscheme felt totally foreign in some pictures.


Inspiration was found in the work of Camilla Catrambone and Fiona Watson.


This week was also the last meeting of the embroidery course in S√łnderborg. One of the ladies inherited these spools and brought them along to see. And ofcourse I had to make a few pictures of them.


One last picture in which I included another gem I found at the thriftstore. It is a book of pictures of flowers and with words and ideas of Tricia Guild.

It was a lot of fun to do this excercise although I realize that there is still a lot of ground to cover to master this process. Soon my third year of daily pictures starts and having some challenges like this one is a good thing. 

Enjoy the weekend that's just around the corner.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Maggi said...

The essence of you is in the pictures but they are very different to what you normally post. I like them.

lheurebleue said...

mooi, mooi!

karen said...

and there's that beautiful cloth in the last image......sigh....

Pursuing Art... said...

Love these photos...favorites are the second, third, and, of course, the fifth. :) Keep shooting for the moon!