Sunday, February 2, 2014

Recycle project

Yesterday afternoon I spent some hours making envelopes and cards from an old Danisch atlas my husband brought home from a fleamarket.



Since I made these kinda envelopes already before I had a template which I used to draw the envelope on one of the old maps, cut it out and glue it together.


For the card a template needed to be made and I choose to make a circle-card.


Here you can see two cards, one on the inside and one on the outside. For each card I choose a map which has on one side the blue of the sea because on this side the message can be written while on the outside again a part of a map is given.

A lot of fun doing it and this way a lot of paper can be recycled.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Using old maps for envelopes is a wonderful idea (if you've got some at hand)!

I sometime use old wall calendars or the thick, glossy front and back pages of magazines.

The round envelope with its card is brilliant!

Pursuing Art... said...

Just a great idea to recycle paper...and I really like the use of old maps! Awesome!!!