Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mrs. Crocodile

Since my mind was totally focused on Imagine the last week and a half I almost forgot to tell you about Mrs. Crocodile. You don't know it but she had her birthday just before Valentine's day. Normally I'm always the one who forgets about birthday's but not this time because I got some inspiration while attending the embroidery-course in S√łnderborg. 



Our teacher showed us this drawing because a number of girls are working on pieces for Easter. I really liked this little drawing and thought it would be great to embroider for Mrs. Crocodile. While driving home I thought of a sentence to write on the card: It is not a crocodile but it knits. Pondering over things the lightbulb went on which meant a trip through google-land since I wanted to find a little drawing of a sitting crocodile.


In case you haven't figured it out by now Mrs. Crocodile is a dear friend who is possessed by knitting. She even forgets to go to bed, she has simply too much fun swinging her needles around. The little textile painting safely arrived on the other side of Europe and she had just as much fun opening the package and looking to the smiling crocodile than I had making this embroidery doodle.

Time to find another project filled with fun!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh, I bet she loves it!!! Totally made me smile and I can see what a fun project this was for you! Mrs. Crocodile is darling!!!!! :)