Thursday, January 2, 2014

Having a stash isn't so bad


Some years Anneli sent me some beautiful curtainband, unfortunately for some reason it remained nicely tucked away in my drawers. That was until last november, finally I had an idea on how to use it although the idea has nothing to do with curtains!


The idea came to me while I was sick and unable to move myself, this gave me plenty of time to look at and listen to the work of Karen once more.  I needed something to wrap a special gift in and Karen makes the most gorgeous wrapping clothes one can think off. Now I didn't want to copy her work and so I had to come up with something a bit different and that curtainband just was the perfect item.


The back was an old tablecloth of egyptian cotton with flower weaved in, this because Lisa loves her garden so much.


On the backside some hand embroidered initials were stitched on and no these were not stitched by me but were found in a thriftshop.


After lots and lots of flying stitches the wrapping for Lisa's present was ready and at the same time combining the stories of women I met through blogging. So I don't think it is necessary to say that I loved working on this piece.

Have a wonderful week.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Maggi said...

What a lovely piece.

Pursuing Art... said...

You are such a love! Totally blushing right now and grateful no one can see me. You know how special and beautiful this gift was to me! Thank you and forever grateful for sending and sharing your heart art with me. :) XOXO