Monday, October 21, 2013

A journey with sunshine

Some of you might remember the journal I made for Naja's 50th birthday past April. When I browsed through the little booklet of Courtney Davis I also found the start of another journey. I have been thinking and working on it ever since and now it is finally ready. It is a small project but filled with meaning which can only be discovered during a journey, a journey of slow embroidery to capture the connection hidden in a single symbol.


This is the original copy with which I started, the letter S of the Lindisfarne alphabet.


First I drew and coloured some examples and decided for the colours green and blue.


After that it was time to find a piece of cloth, making the drawing and finding the colours I wanted to use.

Tomorrow I will continue this for you to read.

Have a great day while create your own ideas.

Elizabeth





1 comment:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ah, that's a good idea to colour a paper copy first in order to find out which colours to combine!

I'm often so impatient when having an idea growing in my head, that I simply don't take the time for proper preparations ...