Thursday, August 1, 2013

Special quilt book

Special quilt book by Landanna

In January 2010 I went to the blogcamp Julie organized. This seems like ages ago but some memories never fade. Julie had found her Swedish copy of this book a few weeks before and showed it to me. She was especially keen to show me one of the quilts which had a resemblance to my project called Soul Food. Soul Food travelled with me to Sjælland and so parallels were made easily. 

During our annual holiday in Sweden I found my own English copy at the Husqvarna museum and I'm so happy with it. The stories of the women who made the quilts are really special and I love the historical perspective the author used. 

So if you ever run into this book at the library or in the shop I recommand you at least take a peak in it, I promise you won't regret it! 

Have a wonderful evening.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Do I have to mention that this is one of my favourite patchwork books too?

(By the way - the same author has collected all kind of ancient angels and written a book about that too ...)