Saturday, August 3, 2013

Another blanket


At the end of June I showed you a blanket I made and told that I started a second little blanket. Today I can tell you that I finished it. Both are made from samples and the book I used this time made two holes in the fabric. I used these holes to run a filted woollen thread through, this resembles a running stitch which is also used besides the fly-stitch. The back is again made of black linen.


One corduroy samplebook is left, unfortunately it is small book which would give only a very small throw. So maybe I should think of something differently to do with this book. Do you have a good idea?

Have a wonderful day with your projects.

Elizabeth


3 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Very clever, that huge running stitch with the woolen thread!

And as for the small sample book left - what about a simple (shopping) bag to carry your library books in?

lheurebleue said...

leuk idee! ik heb zelf een aantal van die stofboeken liggen.
ik heb er alleen nog maar een agenda mee gemaakt (http://lheurebleue.blogspot.nl/2013/01/vandaag-is-zoals-elke-dag-mijn.html)

Maggi said...

I love the way that you have made use of the holes.