Thursday, May 23, 2013

Connection in celtic knots


My new connection symbol in celtic knots is ready. It isn't perfect because I made the copy to small and therefore the empty space within a celtic knot sometimes disappear. Next time I either have to use even thinner thread or make it larger. But that's ok because it means the world to me since it is linked to the books Anam Cara of John O'Donhue and Letters to my son of Kent Nerburn. And so I don't mind working with it again.


Yesterday was my last day of my 365-days-project of taking a picture everyday. It was an awesome experience, learned tons and made some new friends. What more could I wish for? And so I decided to continue for another year because seeing the world through the camera makes me see the world also different, the intensity is differently and it gives me a chance to explore even more of what is beautiful and important to me.

And therefore my new years resolution is: To work with projects that bring joy to you and me even when it rains.

Have a fantastic thursday hopefully filled with lots of sunshine!

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

This is truly a very beautiful Celtic knot! And with those tiny, perfect stitches of yours again!

What kind of embroidery thread do you use here - silk? (Love that greenish shade as well!)

Maggi said...

What a beautiful piece.