Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Update

Notebook by Landanna

Some weeks ago I showed you the start of the embroidery on paper and today I can finally show the notebook. On the notebook I glued some felt and the embroidery, to make sure that the inside also looks pretty I took two pages of an old book. These pages I glued first on thin cardboard and after that on the inside of the notebook. The red/white braided piece is meant to be a bookmark.


New start by Landanna

After the false start last week I decided to just hold my needle and embroider the symbol. So now you know what I will be doing the rest of the evening while Keith holds me company.

Enjoy your evening!

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Hej dear Elizabeth, your notebook looks great! Are you going to keep it for yourself or is it ment for a present? Maybe an art diary?

The felt goes very well with the Celtic motive, I think!

And I'm also glad to hear you're swinging your needle again, despite of the false start.

Interesting to see that you start with the outlines - I always have to go for the continuous rounds first, when I embroider those Celtic 'braids'.

Maggi said...

Your notebook looks lovely. Keith is definitely a good companion.