Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Celtic inspiration

Celtic inspiration by Landanna


Just before Easter I got an amazing gift which made me revisit my love for Celtic art again. So some books were ordered from the library, some are still on their way to my little peninsula but I already made a start. Last week I showed you some needlework on paper which is almost finished but than another idea popped in my head. Which meant drawing, patience and more drawing but now I can show you what I have been working on the last few days. Can you tell I'm a bit excited about it!


Symbol of connection in celtic knots by Landanna


This is the drawing, my connection symbol in Celtic knots. Well this is just a drawing, now I have to figure out how to embroider, paint or make it in another way more alive. Despite the fact that it isn't flawless I'm very happy with it and I look forward to the next part of this journey.

Hope you are just as excited about your own work. have fun!

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Maggi said...

Love it. I can imagine it being worn by someone from the past. I'm sure that you will make it come live soon

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ah, that's a wonderful start into a new adventure, dear friend! Oh yes, I can very well understand how excited you feel about this - I feel the same!

karen said...

you drew this??? It is amazing....and will it be stitched in blue I wonder? I hope you have a lovely weekend my friend x