Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My vinegar journey


Two weeks ago I updated you for the last time on my vinegar- experiment. As you can see in the picture above the pink vinegar has become even more pink. I added again new red peels and started the process over again so to say.


In the second picture on the right you see the first attempt in this project and yes the colour has become darker over time. The attempt on the left is a totally new one with Holsteiner apples with a very light colour.

To me this is fun and a very satisfying endeavour, I wish I had a large cellar so I could experiment at large but for now a cupboard has to do. New experiments are on the way, hope you are just as excited about this as I am.

Have a wonderful day.

Elizabeth





3 comments:

karen said...

from now on you will be known as ''the blue vinegar lady''....

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Hmm ... fascinating.

Elizabeth, could you give us some background information on what's happening in these glasses: you put apple skins and water into the jar, and then it starts to ferment, due to the bacterias, I suppose?

How long does it take until it becomes vinegar and how do you know the process is completed (OK, having a sip, I guess)?

As far as I know, wine can be turned into vinegar as well - something else, besides grapes and apples? Pears? Currants?

Pursuing Art... said...

So fun...keep experimenting! Will be interesting to see which you like the best. ;-)