Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lis Paludan

Recently another book of Lisa Paludan entered my house. It is old editon in Dutch from the 70's but still lovely enough to enlarge my collection.

 It looks so attractive with the little mirrors.

Just a drawing from the book but wouldn't it be great to embroider this one with a lot of french knots in different shades of blue?!

 This is the embroidered version Lis made.


And this horse reminded me of some beautiful pieces Anneli made.

I'm always keep my eye out for some vintage embroiderybooks on fleamarkets and find it strange that it is really hard to find them. They are probably treasured big time by their owners!

Enjoy your day stitching.

Elizabeth


4 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ah, yes, I want to do these mirror embroidery too!

And the horse is gorgeous, reminds me of a horse of Sophie Digard!

Funny it makes you think of my dear deers!

Maggi said...

Thank you for your photos of this lovely book.

lheurebleue said...

ik wil al een tijdje met spiegeltjes borduren. dit nodigt uit om dat maar eens te doen!

karen said...

French knots? yes, yes, yes!!!