Friday, August 3, 2012

Old tools

Some of you might know this but for those who don't know it, I have a weakness for old tools. So before we travelled I hoped to see a lot of them since Sweden is slojd-country. Unfortunately there weren't many that crossed my path but I don't discard these beautiful old pieces.




But these old spades down below are totally irresistable for my camera. They were standing in a corner of a old church. Maybe for shovelling snow in the winter.


What do you look for when you are on holiday?

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Maggi said...

A wonderful sense of history. My late husband would have loved these.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

No, these spades are for getting the bread out of the oven, Elizabeth - I've got some of those in my old house as well!

And yes, I love old tools too - especially if they are connected to some kind of textile work.

And guess what I'm looking for when I'm on holiday: wool, threads, beads, oldfashioned paper/stationary and fabric, and textile inspiration books ... and I love newspapers, ads, wraps/containers with foreign languages printed on them - garbage, my ex-husband would have said :-)!