Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Got myself a present


In my post Strange habit you could already read how I collect ideas/links/etc. for my blogfriends. But they also return the favour I have to admit. Just before I went on holiday I got a mail from an excited Julie and she told me about an embroidery book written by Tilleke Schwarz. Immediately I went over to Tilleke's home and read all I could but because I went on holiday I had to postpone my order.


But now I own this wonderful book. For me it is great read and a feast of recognition despite the fact our artwork is totally different. So thank you Julie for thinking of me and thanks Tilleke for making the effort to write a book with lots of detailed pictures and funny texts.


(If anyone comes across the book Mark making by Tilleke please let me know since this book is no longer available)

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Maggi said...

Looks fascinating. I hope you manage to turn up a copy of Mark Making. I searched on Abe Books site as they often have books that you can't get anywhere else but no luck.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Happy to hear you found such a well of inspiration! Had a look at Tilleke's homepage myself - also looked for 'Mark Making' - but I guess those who own that book will want to keep it!

Zuzana said...

Can really see why you like this, as there is a similarity between your works actually.;)
Have a great weekend,
xoxo

karen said...

I have that book too!!! I got it for my birthday. Her work is amazing and I have actually seen it in 'real life' a massive exhibition. It was an honour.