Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A new start

For some reason I find it hard to start again with writing. So much to tell that I simply have no idea where to start. Last weekend we returned from our summerholiday which we spent in Sweden. What was on the eyecandy-list: helleristninger, rocks, beach, sea, sunsets, shells, handmade stuff and vikingships. Today I want to tell you about a lovely co-incidence.


In the picture above you see a viking burial ground in the shape of a ship constructed with large pieces of granite. In the middle of this burial ground two other persons have been buried in 1652, their names are Sven and Anna. Since my second name is Anna I had to photograph "my name" in the Vikingship.


This probably means zip/nothing/nada for you but to me it is very cool. Have to admit I am totally taken by the history of Scandanavia ever since I was a little girl. That it is one of the reasons why it is a good thing that I live in Denmark.

Have fun today.

Elizabeth


2 comments:

Maggi said...

I love the way that the stones are arranged as a boat. And how lovely to see your own name as part of that history.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

What a very special place to be buried in ... makes me think of Sleeping Beauty and the 13 fairies, somehow.

Oh, I didn't know your second name was Anna! Mine is Birgitta, which has a slight medieval connection as well!