Thursday, June 7, 2012

Trying to find my mojo back

For some weeks now I can't seem to find my way with my needle. This makes me very restless and impatient. Luckily I have a blogfriend who is more than fantastic in holding her needle. She has a video in one of her posts about playing with cloth and since I had no better idea myself I gave it a try. Normally I have a story to tell, find the fabric and start working with the idea. During the process I feel free to make any change I want to but somehow I need to have this starting frame.


But this time I took Karen's instruction and just played around with my cloth and made a piece. The result you can see in the collage picture. The result looks ok for me but my restlessness and impatience stayed. I need to have a story which intriges me, keeps my mind busy, makes me think about the different aspects of the story while I'm creating my piece.


Conclusion: I'm not an embroiderist but a story-teller who likes to hold her needle.

Time to find something interesting to think about and to tell you in cloth.

Elizabeth

7 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Oh, and I still adore your neat and perfect red stitches on jeans cloth! I am sure that you will soon get your inspiration back, dear Elizabeth!

Zuzana said...

I love your conclusion.;) Still, I also love the result.;))
Have a great rainy day my dear, I guess the only consolation is that nature needs the water.;)
xoxo

Sue said...

I love this embroidery but I sort of feel the piece is not yet finished and it wants a quieter expanse of pieced denim to frame it, especially at the sides. How can you say you are not an embroider, when you did this beautiful stitching? Playing with cloth is such fun.

Maggi said...

I think that you are both an embroiderer and a storyteller.

karen said...

I am so happy that I inspired you....you are an embroiderer and a very skilled one too. We all have these times when we can't progress, let it come...it will I promise.

lheurebleue said...

wacht maar! diep in jou borrelt er iets dat in de komende tijd naar buiten komt ...

julochka said...

what if you sit back and let the cloth tell you the story? it may whisper at first, but if you listen carefully it will come.