Friday, June 1, 2012

Memories


Just over a week ago I started for the first time my 365 days-project. This means that I promised myself to take every day a picture for a year. Normally one starts at the first of January but why keep that rule when one can also start in May! The result so far you can see here.

Now earlier this week I told you about my headache and it was this headache that inspired me to make my pictures in black and white. Black and white is more quiet and peaceful seen from my perspective. Later, when the headache had disappeared,  I remembered that I had taken B/W-pictures when I was 9 for a school-project. So today I took the old album down from the loft and photographed the old pictures, it was wonderful to see that some loves never disappear.

Enjoy your weekend while creating new memories.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

Oh how fun, so it is a year project!;)
And I always find that black and white photography has a sentimentality to it, a certain gentle melancholy. There is an atmosphere in those images that colours displace.
Great old photographs - you were talented already at an early age.;)
Enjoy this less than summery 1st of June,
xoxo

Maggi said...

You certainly were talented as a 9 year old. Black and white photographs are really atmospheric. You have really beautiful photos on your Flickr site.

karen said...

oh what lovely memories!

lheurebleue said...

mooie foto's al. waarom was ik zo geinteresseerd in die wafels?
ook jouw foto's van toen je 9 was zijn verrassend!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Yes, I can only agree with Zuzana and Maggi: you were already talented as a child and just improve your skills more and more!

Great year-project of yours - but please don't forget about the textile side too!