Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Latest addition to the family

Last weekend, while being in the largest town on our peninsula, our little boy saw a handmade owl and decided he wanted to have a new addition to his bird family. And so as soon as we were home again I took my hook and started working.



It doesn't really look like an owl but he is happy with it nonetheless. And me? I loved the fact that an owl in all its wisdom took me back to the colors of Soul food and showed me the need to be patient.

Have a lovely tuesday with the wisdom of an owl.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Maggi said...

He is lovely and looks very happy with the rest of his family.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Now how cute is this!

When my kids were younger, they also had a small (and later on not so small) collection of fabric animal family which they kept in their beds.

When saying goodnight to them, I used to make these animals - each with its own voice and character - perform a kind of small sketch, talking to the kids and to eachother before light was finally turned off.

My kids enjoyed it very much - and so did I, actually!

And yes - the wisdom of an owl we all do need from time to time ...

karen said...

he is adorable and I knew he was an owl straight away...

Zuzana said...

I think it is a lovely owl.;) And I too truly need to learn some patience.;)
Have a great Friday dear, here it is a little bit of sunshine before the rain arrives again.;)
xoxo

julochka said...

he looks like a cross between a bat and an owl, but he's adorable!