Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A fantastic morning

This morning I decided to do things differently today. Yep, I took the bus to the big town on our peninsula. While on my way to the Wood Sculpture festival I met my tea-partner on the street and we decided to have a cup of tea first. After our chat I again walked up the festival and enjoyed myself  with looking around and making pictures.

(click on the picture to enlarge)

The guy in this picture definitely won me over with his sculpture, his shabby hat to hide his face and his bare feet. But it is a busy week this week in the big town because besides the festival there is also an international market with all kinds of stalls. My eyes wandered off to these beautiful notebooks in leather but decided against them because ...


 
There were several stalls with yummy stuff. One with Italian cheeses, ham and salami's, one with English marmelade, mustard, chutneys and more than yummy cheese but also a stall with delicious fruits and some vegetables. The result: I came home with and empty purse, lots of delicious food and a very big smile on my face. 


I even liked the paperbag of the cherries.


Hope your day was just as delicious.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Hey, Elizabeth - you really had a fantastic day! Oh, and meeting your teapartner on the street ... :-)!

Yes, beautiful notebooks - but I bet they were quite expensive as well ...

Anyway, I would have loved that stylish paperbag as well :-)!

Maggi said...

Beautiful sculpture and the leather notebooks are just gorgeous. Looks like you had a really healthy eating day with that delicious fruit.

karen said...

It sounds like you had wonderful day!

Zuzana said...

Dear Elizabeth, love those notebooks! But also love all the rest that you bought.;)
Love the sepia images too.;))
xoxo

julochka said...

that sounds like the kind of market we should have gone to with our handmade things! :-o but i think you were smart to buy the fruit.