Sunday, June 24, 2012

Another week gone by


This week has been one with a fair amount of sunshine which gave me the opportunity to make some  a lot of pictures outside, even took a nap in the hammock but today was one of rain, rain, rain and a little bit more rain. And since I want to make the most of my time I did a fair amount of chores around the house and some reading. Finished the Notebook by Nicholas Sparks in no time and started Drive by Daniel Pink. You might remember this post in which he talks about what motivates us and this book is the starting point of that Tedtalk. I like the way he writes and explains, it is an easy to read book and still it gives a lot to think about.

But ofcourse I have also doing some stitching although I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked to. Spent already a fair number of hours trying to pin the backing on the piece and somehow I can't get pinned the way I want to have it. Maybe after all these hours I should give up on the idea I have and try something different. This is not a definite decision yet but one in progress.


Another detailed picture for you on this rainy sunday evening. And how was your week?

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

What a beautiful red flower, dear Elizabeth! Does it grow in your garden?

And I do love your red stitching! Frankly, I don't quite understand how you can do these neat and perfect stitches through several layers of dense denim - by hand! What kind of needle do you use - must be a very sharp one!

Have you ever tried sashiko (Japanese technique of small, neat running stitches in white on a very dark blue background) - maybe that would be a new trial?

(Austrian weather report: hot and sunny as always :-)

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I found a link to a sashiko-book with 'look-inside' at amazon.uk here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Ultimate-Sashiko-Sourcebook-Inspirations/dp/0715318470/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340569872&sr=8-1

karen said...

my week was hectic yet productive...I am sorry your pins are causing such a problem Hope you work it out.

Zuzana said...

I love the colour red in this post, it seems to me being like a positive thread through out the blue-s.;))
xoxo

Maggi said...

The red flower is so beautiful and complements the stitching you are doing. I really like the curved element. Hope you get over your pinning problem quickly.