Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Spring garden


A few days with sunny weather makes a big difference in the garden. Had to capture some it. A lot of flowers in the strawberry-bed, sweet peas ready to eat, some mushrooms and lilac-tree in fullbloom. The scent of the lilacs is perfect when I'm in the hammock just below them. The hammock is my favorite place in the garden. Totally shaded by the leafs of the trees, the sweet scent of the lilacs, birds being very busy feeding their offspring and me just reading and making notes for new projects.

Do you know a better way to spend your afternoon?

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

Oh my dear, it is almost 9PM and the sun is setting and I sit at our garden - so uncanny warm at this time of the day, that I think I am much more south than I am;). And the scent of our lilac in bloom saturates my senses. I love lilac and I am so fortunate that it blooms here.;)
xoxo

lheurebleue said...

wat is er hemelser dan de geur van seringen?????

karen said...

lilac = divine! I do not have a hammock but I have a nice green chair where I have just been sitting.....in the shade.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Oh, that really sounds nice, dear Elizabeth! All your senses being filled with late Spring ...

Now what you need is just a spinning wheel to make it perfect :-) - at least that's what I'm doing in the shade of the garden!