Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sleeping outside


During the long Pinse-weekend our small tents we taken from the loft and put outside. They were packed away several years ago due to the fact that we bought a large tent. To see these two little sweethearts made me happy and when my two boys asked if we could sleep outside I jumped at the chance. Why? I love to sleep outdoors. Normally I only get the chance during the annual campingtrip or on a lazy sunny sundayafternoon, when I get the chance to conquer the hammock first.

By the time I had to find my sleeping-bag I was just so excited that I couldn't fall asleep. The birds had already found their nests and were silent but the scent of the lilacs was still lingering around. Our neighbourhood has a lot of lilac-trees and therefore the perfum of the lilacs was still present. While I lay bundled up in the sleeping-bag I thought of the people with whom I shared this love of sleeping outside, of the hedgehog that hid himself under my pillow, the musquitoes and the fresh air.

Around 4.30 am I had to visit the bathroom. Normally I'm annoyed by this but not this time. Silently I left my little nest, crawled out of the tent. I heard the birds singing and already being busy to feed their offspring. It was a magical clear morning and it was gonna be a sunny day again. I did return to my nest just to enjoy myself a little bit more. Just grateful for another night under the Danish skies.


Elizabeth

6 comments:

karen said...

you are so ''adventurous''? brave? so different from me....I detest camping, love my home comforts too much!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

What a wonderful family adventure!

I have to admit we tried this once too, in our garden, several years ago - but it was summer then, and in the morning the tent got so hot, that I left to spend the last few morning hours in my own bed ... by that time, my son had already left to sleep in his own bed, and only my husband and my daughter endured till breakfast!

maggi21.com said...

There is something very satisfying about sleeping so close to nature.

lheurebleue said...

kamperen in eigen tuin, ook een groot avontuur waarbij veel te beleven valt. je verhaal doet mij denken aan de laatste keer dat wij kampeerden. mijn zoon wilde buiten slapen. 's nachts werd hij waker omdat er een egel verstrikt zat in zijn lange blonde haren ...

Zuzana said...

Ah yes, I ave only been camping once or twice in my life and that was at a much lower latitudes, never here in Scandinavia;) But I really enjoyed it then.;) Hopefully the good weather will return again.;))
xoxo

julochka said...

oh, you make me want to camp in my own backyard. tho' i'm waiting 'til it warms up a little (notice i didn't say IF it warms up a little). eternally hopeful!

xox,
/j